For a mother looking for a solution to feed her child breastmilk, Calma is ideal. Calma was developed based on the results of our studies with the university of western Australia.
That's why Calma is the unique teat for babies who are being breastfed with breastmilk, as it allows them to suck, swallow and breathe, as learned on the breast. Whether you breastfeed or use Calma, the baby has to create a vacuum for breastmilk to flow.
As soon as the baby pauses, the flow is stopped, this is also the way with breastfeeding.
Our latest studies with researchers from the university of Western Australia show that creating a vacuum is essential to successfully breastfeed. Babies learn very early on that they have to produce a vacuum for the breastmilk to flow. Their natural way of sucking requires intensive work during breastfeeding! Breastfeeding is always best for your baby, but sometimes it is not possible to breastfeed naturally. Calma is an alternative to breastfeeding for mothers wishing to feed their babies with breastmilk.
• Allows babies to retain their natural feeding behaviour learned on the breast.
• Babies can drink, breathe and pause regularly. Safe drinking the baby does not swallow air during the feed.
• Enables an easy transition from the breast to the teat and back.
• One size is sufficient for the entire breastfeeding period, just as in nature.
• The ideal teat for your baby - we recommend introducing a teat when breastfeeding is established.
• This new teat ensures that babies do not have to change their natural feeding behaviour. Whether you breastfeed or use Calma - the milk only flows when the baby "works" for it.
• Standard teats accelerate an unnatural technique.
• BPA free and Swiss made safe for you and your baby.
• Product contains: 1 Calma Teat (including cap) & 1 x Storage lid.
• Recommended for babies 0+ months.